21 Aug 2018
Ocean Import/Export Freight Forwarding Agent
Can you handle ocean freight?
Due to growth and our promise of exceptional customer service to our clients, LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Ocean Import/Export Forwarding Agent in Sturtevant, WI.
This position is responsible for handling forwarding customer services for air and ocean, import and export shipments.
- Maintain daily contact with customers, agents and colleagues.
- Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
- Engage with regular and potential customers to generate additional or new business.
- Work with various truckers, airlines, steamship lines and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and our customers.
- Maintain knowledge of US import and export regulations and its application to LEMAN’s business.
- Create rate quotes for customers, agents and overseas offices.
- Create bookings and process documents for air and ocean export shipments.
- Obtain and process documents for air and ocean import shipments.
- Process Importer Security Filings as needed.
- Update customer profiles keeping them accurate and current.
- Accurately invoice both customers and agents.
- Ensure LEMAN receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
- Ensure issues and disputes are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar – a plus.
- Minimum 3-years of previous freight forwarding customer service preferred.
- AES/EAR/TSA knowledge and experience.
- US Customs, FDA and other US agencies involved in the importation of goods, a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of DG requirements/pharma trade, a plus but not required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Math including rate of exchange, percentages and volumetric conversions.
- Adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Positive attitude.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment.
- Good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
- An exciting position in an international group.
- Opportunity for personal and professional development.
If you have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “MKE” to email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S - an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company is still growing and employs approximately 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States.
LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website