10 Oct 2018
Import Freight Forwarding Agent
Are you our new Import Freight Forwarding Agent?
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Import Freight Forwarding Agent in Atlanta, USA.
This position is responsible for handling all aspects of our client’s import shipment from route planning, pricing, customer service and accounting/closing of shipments financially.
- Maintain daily contact with clients, agents and colleagues.
- Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
- Engage with regular and potential customers to generate additional or new business.
- Work with various trucking companies and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and its clients.
- Maintain knowledge of Import regulations.
- Create rate quotes and bookings per client requests.
- Update client profiles keeping them accurate and current.
- Accurately invoice both clients and agents.
- Ensure LEMAN receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
- Close files as soon as all information is complete. Ensure billings, payables and reconciliations are issued/settled correctly, and disputes resolved in a timely manner.
- Must work well as team member and independently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar, a plus but not required.
- Minimum 1- 4 years of previous International Freight Forwarding experience.
- US Customs, FDA and other US agencies involved in the importation of goods.
- Airline, Steamship, Trucking and other vendor selection and interaction.
- Knowledge of DG requirements/pharma trade a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment.
- Good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
- An exciting position in an international Group.
- Opportunity for personal and professional development.
If you have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “Import ATL” to HR.US@Leman.com
We look forward to recieving your application.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S - an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company is still growing and employs approximately 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States.
LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website