12 Jul 2018
Export Air/Ocean Freight Forwarding Agent
Are you LEMAN's next export talent?
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Air/Ocean Export Freight Forwarder at our location in Miami.
- Maintain daily contact with customers, agents and colleagues.
- Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
- Engage with regular and potential customers to generate additional or new business.
- Work with various airlines and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and our customers.
- Maintain knowledge of IATA and/or rules and regulations, and its application to LEMAN’s business.
- Work with various ocean carriers and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and our customers.
- Work with CRMS to look for net ocean freight rates to quote overseas agents, offices and customers.
- Work with truckers and spot containers at exporters facility for live loads and drop and pick orders.
- Create rate quotes and bookings per customer requests.
- Update customer profiles keeping them accurate and current.
- Accurately invoice both customers and agents.
- Ensure LEMAN receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
- Close files as soon as all information is complete. Profit and loss statements must be run and working files must be filed away. Ensure ameta’s are issued correctly, and disputes resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar, a plus but not required.
- Minimum three-years of previous freight forwarding customer service preferred.
- AES/EAR/TSA/ISF knowledge and experience, a plus but not required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Math including rate of exchange, percentages and volumetric conversions.
- Adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Positive attitude.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment.
- Good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
- An exciting position in an international Group.
- Opportunity for personal and professional development.
If you have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “Export MIA” to HR.US@leman.com.
We look forward to recieving your application.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S - an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company is still growing and employs approximately 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States.
LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website