10 Jan 2018
Compliance Manager - USA
Can you focus on development and compliance programs?
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Compliance Manager for the US market, located in one of our branches.
LEMAN USA is part of the LEMAN Group and employs a staff of 125 across eight (8) branches. We are looking for a profile to oversee global trade compliance activities associated with supply chain movement of products globally and focused on operational excellence. As laws and regulations are added or changed, you will work with various areas of the company recommending changes in business practices and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Increase the level of awareness and maintain high level performance level surrounding import and export regulations.
- Focus on continuous development on compliance programs, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain acceptable performance level with compliance objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all government agencies.
- Develop and manage a robust auditing process, government audits, and internal/external controls for import and export, includes Business Development Managers.
- Manage compliance training for import, export and other trade programs as well as maintaining compliance with C-TPAT and AEO.
- Keep abreast of all legislative and regulatory changes.
- Conduct onsite audits at the various branches.
- Participate in compliance and management meetings providing supportive documentation as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Logistics, International Trade or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years of previous international trade / customs compliance.
- Technical experience in trade (import and export) regulations, classifications, valuation, country of origin, duty preference programs, suspension regimes, sanctioned party screening, and trade restrictions.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Exceptionally interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment.
- Good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
- An exciting working environment in an international Group.
- Opportunity for personal and professional development.
If you have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “Compliance Manager” to email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S - an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company is still growing and employs approx 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States.
LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website