23 Jun 2018
Business Development Manager
Can you develop the LEMAN business?
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced BD Manager for our Atlanta branch.
We are looking for an experienced international freight forwarder sales person that desires operational cohesiveness to assure the needs and requirements of our clients are met or exceeded. The purpose of this role is to focus on value-based business development for our International Freight Forwarding services. Hunter mentality and proven track record is a must.
- Follow and execute the LEMAN sales strategy.
- Actively prospecting, pursue and qualify potential clients.
- Develop new accounts and new business in established house accounts.
- Sales maintenance on established house accounts for continued revenue and profit growth.
- Achieve sales performance against assigned targets (KPI’s).
- Define and propose specific approaches to meet and exceed customer needs and requirements.
- Prepare and propose logistics solutions to clients.
- Coordinate customer requirements with appropriate solutions.
- Build and maintain exceptional customer relations through added value services.
- Prepare and schedule/attend client meetings, input details in CRM system and issue sales visits report.
- Accurate and professional follow up.
- Manage pipeline and build a customer sales portfolio.
- Respond to incoming inquiries timely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Transportation or similar preferred.
- Minimum 2-years sales experience in International Freight Forwarding.
- Overall industry knowledge with 1-2 years of experience in Operations - preferred.
- Proven track record of success in business development.
- Extensive experience with successful prospect negotiations.
- Own and drive its own car to visit customers.
- Microsoft Office and CRM.
- Highly self motivated and pro-active “self-starter”.
- Problem identification and solving skills.
- Adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information.
- Ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment.
- Good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
- An exciting working environment in an international Group.
- Opportunity for personal and professional development.
If you have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “BDM ATL” to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S - an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company is still growing and employs approx 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States.
LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website