23 Oct 2018
Air & Sea Import Forwarding Agent
Can you master importing processes?
Due to continued growth and our commitment to quality customer service, LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Air & Sea Import Forwarding Agent in Los Angeles.
This position is responsible for handling all aspects of our client’s Import shipment from route planning, pricing, customer service and accounting/closing of shipments financially.
- Maintain daily contact with customers, agents and colleagues.
- Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
- Engage with regular and potential customers to generate additional or new business.
- Work with various trucking companies and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and our customers.
- Maintain knowledge of Import regulations as needed.
- Create rate quotes and bookings per customer requests.
- Update customer profiles keeping them accurate and current.
- Accurately invoice both customers and agents.
- Ensure LEMAN receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
- Close files as soon as all information is complete. Ensure billings, payables and reconciliations (ameta) are issued correctly, and disputes resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain a profit margin according to budgets and strive to optimize revenues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar – a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of previous freight forwarding customer service.
- AES/EAR/TSA knowledge and experience, a plus.
- US Customs, FDA and other US agencies involved in the importation of goods.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
LEMAN values their employees and provides a comprehensive benefit program to our employees and their family. When you join LEMAN, you will enjoy the following:
- Competitive salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Life insurance.
- Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Safe Harbor.
- Flexible spending account.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral program.
- LEMAN recognizes ten (10) standard holidays each year.
- Social events – summer picnics, holiday parties and cookouts.
- Wellness Wednesday.
If you find the position attractive, and have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “Air/Sea Import” to Eric.Concha@LEMAN.com
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner, LEMAN USA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S - an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company is still growing and employs approximately 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, UK and the United States.
LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website